This is an emergency policy and not a buildings or contents policy. It should complement your buildings insurance policies, and provide benefits and services which are not normally available under these policies.
You must maintain in full force and effect buildings insurance which covers your property for the standard range of perils throughout the period of insurance.
- Dedicated 24 hour telephone number for assistance 365 days a year
- Up to £500 for emergency repairs in the event of:Under the terms of this policy an ‘emergency’ is defined as a sudden unexpected event that exposes you to a risk to your health, or necessitates immediate action to render your property safe or secure, avoid damage or further damage, or restore the mains services.
- Burst pipes or sudden leakage
- Failure of your domestic water mains or electricity supply
- Blocked drains or sewers
- Failure of your domestic heating system
- Inoperable toilet where no other toilet is available in the property (please note that cover is not provided for Saniflow toilets)
- Failure or damage to your property’s locks, doors or windows
- Failure of roofing, guttering or down-piping and further water damage is likely as a result
- An infestation of pests
Repairs will be carried out to resolve the emergency but may need to be supplemented by a permanent repair. A permanent repair will be carried out only if it can be undertaken on the first visit and would cost no more than a temporary repair.
- Up to £100 for overnight accommodation should your property become uninhabitable