Typical Motor Legal Expenses Insurance provides cover as detailed below:
Following a road traffic accident we will take all the details, collate the information about your losses and negotiate to try and recover them.
- Personal injury
- The excess you are required to pay to your motor insurers
- Substitute vehicle hire
- Damage repairs to your vehicle
- Loss of earnings or loss of use
- Vehicle recovery and storage charges
- Uninsured damage to personal property
- Claims reported more than 180 days after the date on which the insured incident occurs;
- Claims relating to a contract involving your vehicle;
- Claims arising whilst your vehicle is being used by anyone who does not have valid motor insurance;
- Costs incurred before our written acceptance of a claim;
- Costs incurred in any legal action you take which we have not agreed to, or where you do anything that hinders us or the appointed lawyer;
- Any claim for vehicle hire costs if you are claiming against a person who does not have valid motor insurance, cannot be identified or traced, or where you make your own arrangements for vehicle hire after an insured incident.